The SIKA Group decided to open this section in order to communicate with customers more effectively and with clear and useful replies at all times.
Following are listed some questions with relative answers.
- What is cold roll-forming? Cold roll-forming is a process that continuously bends metal sheet, at ambient temperature. The metal sheet is deformed by passing it consecutively through a series of rolls until the desired profile is obtained. Roll-forming is ideal for producing large quantities of profiles, where it greatly reduces processing times and costs.
- Roll-forming or press-bending? They are two completely different processes. Press-bending is destined for customers who use a limited quantity of profiles.
- What is the minimum quantity required to produce a profile? The minimum quantity varies according to the type of profile desired, if it’s open or welded, simple or complex. SIKA agrees on the minimum quantity with the customer, on a time to time basis.
- What thickness are you able to process? Until last year we processed 0.5mm to 2.5mm strips but today in 2008 we can produce profiles up to 4mm thick.
- Do you sell any products through a catalogue? All our profiles are custom-made for each individual customer and are exclusive for that customer. The only catalogue product we supply is a ‘SIKA’ profile that is suitable for constructing highly resistant industrial gates.
- What type of materials do you process? In our production plants we process cold-rolled and hot-rolled steel, hot-dip galvanized steel, electro-galvanized steel, stainless steel, pre-painted steel, and special materials such as copper, bronze etc.
- What makes SIKA different from the competition? Well, SIKA’s a young company, but with a vast experience. Our FLEXIBILITY is what makes us different from competitors.
- Flexibility? Yes, flexibility with the customer – from delivery times to quantities to be produced, personal relations, payments, and even more.